CMC CHRISTIAN STATEMENT OF FAITH
As employees of the Parents’ National Educational Union (Australia) Inc, we sincerely confess the doctrinal position of the Christian Church in the Protestant, evangelical tradition:
(1) We believe that the Holy Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the infallible and inspired revealed Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21), our supreme and absolute standard without contradiction, by which an individual’s whole life is directed and judged, and indispensable and determinative for everyone’s knowledge of God (John 10:35; John 17:17).
(2) We believe in the Triune God, who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:4), all equally true God in power, eternity and majesty (Colossians 2:9; Matthew 28:19).
(3) We believe that humankind is not the product of evolutionary development but was created in the beginning as intelligent and moral beings, consisting of body and soul. We believe that our first parents, Adam and Eve, were created holy and innocent, but that in the present fallen estate, the whole human race is entirely corrupted and enslaved in the service of sin (Psalms 51:5; John 3:6).
(4) We believe that sin is transgression of God’s Holy Law, and that everyone is subject to death and eternal separation from God in Hell by reason of guilt that attaches to sin (1 John 3:4; Romans 6:23).
(5) We believe that God in His infinite love and mercy, resolved to save everyone to eternal life in Heaven, and that the divine Redeemer appeared in Jesus Christ, son of Mary and Son of God, who perfectly obeyed God’s Holy Law, and by His sufferings and death, paid in full the penalty for the guilt of everyone, and by His resurrection from death has been declared the all-sufficient divine Redeemer for the whole human race (John 3:16; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
(6) We believe no one can obtain salvation from sin, death and Hell by their own deeds or works but that salvation is entirely a gift of God to those made new through faith in Jesus Christ, who then out of thankfulness, live a Christian life holy in character and conduct through the work of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:8,9).
(7) We believe God wills for everyone to know Him and be saved and made new through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ, and that there is no condemnation to those who believe and trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour (John 3:17; Romans 8:1).
(8) We believe the purpose of the Christian Church is to teach God’s Word to everyone, to worship God in spirit and in truth, and to reach a lost and fallen world by the Gospel of Jesus Christ through its worship, witness, and loving deeds (Matthew 28:19).